Saturday, March 21, 2009

Random bits

Just some things that Kalin has been up to:

On Wednesday when I gave him his bath, the first thing he did when he got into the tub was to line up his squirty toys on the ledge of the tub. Kasey said that he normally will put a couple up there but never this many. I thought it was so funny that I took a picture.
After he was all dried and dressed from his Wednesday bath, he did something else that made me laugh. I was standing at the kitchen sink and I turn around to find him holding his dirty diaper (I had left it on the bathroom floor, all rolled up of course) over the trashcan trying to throw it away. Our trashcan is motion sensored and he was having a hard time getting it to open so I walked over and opened it for him and he threw his own diaper away!! I laughed and told him what a good boy he was!!
He has started trying to climb everything that he shouldn't be climbing: the oven (makes me really nervous), the chairs that keep him away from the computer, his bookshelf, the table. I'm trying to steer him towards the couch and chair and get him to climb on those instead but he just looks at me like I'm crazy. The reason he climbs those particular objects though is to see what I'm doing, which is also why he's constantly asking to be picked up. He just can't stand the fact that he's not tall enough to see everything that's going on.


Bibs aren't working out for us anymore. I think I would need a poncho to keep him clean. Thankfully, it's getting warmer which means I can just take his shirt off while he's eating (and sometimes his pants, too). It will be easier on me, on him, and on his clothes!! Plus, I have a feeling that once summer rolls around he'll be walking around in nothing but his diaper anyway.




He loves playing with magnets on the fridge. Once he's a little bit older (and won't distribute them all over the house) I think I'll get him those colorful letter and number magnets to play with.

Kasey swears he said "peaches" tonight while he was eating them. We couldn't get him to duplicate it though.

He loves it when we play "keep away" with the ball. He gets to run back and forth between Kasey and I, laughing and trying to get the ball, before we throw it to the other person. Of course, we always give it to him eventually so he doesn't get frustrated. He enjoys throwing it back to one of us.


He loves it when you tickle his ribs and neck. He laughs really hard.

We're still waiting for that 6th tooth to erupt. It's hanging out just below the gums but hasn't made it's official appearance yet.

I think that's all I've got for now!! We really haven't had a very exciting week. We did go over to a family's house that we know from Bethany for dinner on Monday night and on Friday we went to Costco and finally got ourselves a membership, but other than that, not much has happened. Kalin's getting over his cold and I'm fighting something (that I hope is just allergies).
Goodnight!!

2 comments:

KR said...

I like the strategically placed duck in pic #1. And really, who does like shots and finger pricks? I've been avoiding the dentist for 6months now for fear of shots.

Sarah said...

I was going to say the same thing about the duck :) And throwing away his own diaper - good parenting, guys!! You've got one great kid.