Monday, August 2, 2010

Central Coast Vacation

We were able to get away for a few days and take a little vacation back up to the lovely central coast of California. We had so much fun visiting my parents, seeing friends, visiting West Cliff, and attending our old church. It was nice to be back up there after almost 4 months. We wish it could have been longer! It was especially nice to head back up to the fog and cool weather after enduring a Southern California heat wave! We really can't complain too much - Southern California weather has been very kind to us since we moved back down. It's really eased us back into the heat and we sure are enjoying having air conditioning!

Kalin LOVED being with his Grammie and Grampie again! Our first day there he was full of non-stop energy - talking, jumping, asking Grampie to fly the remote control helicopters, etc. I was glad that both of my parents were home that day because after doing a night time drive and getting in just before 2am, Kalin still woke up before 6! He spent a lot of time outside with his Grampie that day! That first evening we went out to Phil's Fish Market - a yummy restaurant right out by the ocean. After we ate we walked the little path down to the beach so we could catch our first glimpse in almost 4 months of the Monterey Bay. It was lovely - and a little bit chilly - which, to us, is also lovely.

The next day we headed into Santa Cruz to visit our friends the Meyers. Luke and Kalin got to run around on West Cliff, watch the sea lions, eat kefir pops, and help pick plums and cherries! What a fun time we had seeing our friends again and catching up!


Kalin, my mom and I took a trip out to visit my aunt and uncle, my Grandpa and my cousin's little girl. The kids had LOADS of fun "helping" plant corn. I think they're favorite part was when my mom was watering with the hose. They both got completely soaked!



On Sunday we were able to visit our former church. We got to witness the dedication of our friend's children - a 3 year old and an almost 3 month old. I was really excited that we happened to be there on the Sunday of that dedication ceremony. It was also good to visit with other people in the church - many of whom hadn't realized that we'd moved! I guess we left rather quickly and word didn't get around. I got to talk to many of the ladies from my bible study group. I had to mention several times that, yes, I am expecting again. I could tell by their glances while we were talking that they were trying to figure out if I was pregnant or just gaining weight! Ah, the awkward stages of pregnancy :-)


It was a wonderful trip and we look forward to the next time we're able to travel up there. We'll be a family of four by then!

No comments: