Monday, April 6, 2009

Playground Fun





This weekend was wonderful. Most weekends tend to go by way too fast, but this weekend had a nice leisurely pace to it. Saturday started out much the same as a typical weekday. Kasey had a meeting at 9 so Kalin and I were on our own for a while. In the afternoon, while Kalin was napping, I took a trip to the dollar store and grocery store by myself. I love the dollar store. So many fun things for so cheap!! I bought some stuff for Kalin's Easter basket and some bunny ears for him to wear. It's hard to say "no" to things when they're only $1. Around 3:30 my dad called and asked if we wanted to have Mexican food for dinner. I would have been crazy to pass up seeing my parents and having a free meal! While I waited for them to arrive I took a walk over to the yard sale that Bethany University was having. I found a heater fan (we'd been looking for one) and a book. We ended up having to wake Kalin up from his 2 1/2 hour nap to meet my parents for dinner. After dinner my mom suggested going to the playground to let Kalin run around and play. He had a BLAST!! The slide is his new favorite thing. We couldn't get him off of it.










Sunday was a relaxing day. We all took naps in the afternoon (Kalin took a 3 hour nap!!), ran to the laundry mat to wash a load because our washer is broken and has been for over a week now (grrr), then ate some pizza for dinner. It was a fabulous weekend and the week hasn't started off so bad either!! I hear there's even some rain in the forecast. Yippee!!


That upper tooth has finally broken through his gums and I think I caught a glimpse of another bottom tooth just about to come through. Hooray for more teeth!!






Kalin has started nodding his head. He used to just shake it but he's figured out how to nod. Quite honestly, I'm not sure if this really is a new skill or if it's just the first time I've noticed it.





Everything is "dada" or "ga" these days. I'll repeat a word over and over and he just keeps repeating either "dada" or "ga". This was one of our conversations on our walk today:

Me: Bird
Kalin: Dada
Me: Bird
Kalin: Dada
Me: Bbbirrrrddd
Kalin: Dada

I think you get the picture.










Something disturbing that he's been doing is hitting himself on the head. He does it when he's being silly and when he's excited but most often when he's frustrated or mad. He'll just start hitting his head with both hands. Does anybody know if this is normal? I thought I'd ask the doctor about it at our next visit. I'm wondering though if he just doesn't know how else to express himself so that's how his emotions manifest themselves. I really don't like it though. It makes me sad to see him hitting himself.


We like to find lizards on our walks. Kalin likes to watch them run across the sidewalk in front of us.

That's all the news for now. Here's a video of Kalin's first experience on the slides at the playground. I had to rotate the first two clips 90 degrees so that's why they look a little funny.

No comments: