Sunday, January 25, 2009

Facing Forward

Today, Kalin took another step out of infant-hood and into toddler-hood.
We turned his car seat around. He now has the pleasure of seeing where we're going instead of where we've been. He'll have a better view of the cars, buildings, and trees we pass. I have a feeling he's gonna like it. I think he may be more vocal as well since there will be so much more to see and get excited about. We took a ride around town this evening and he seemed to enjoy it.



He seemed a little confused when I first put him in the seat. For one thing, it's at a different angle than when he was rear-facing. He was reclined in that position. I hope it doesn't affect how well he sleeps on long car rides now that he's upright. And I think he was confused because he's never really seen the front of the car like that.




As we were driving I found that I felt obligated to be more entertaining since he can see us now. This is just silly though because with all the new things to look at I'm sure he won't be needing me to turn around and talk to him, right? I hope so because car rides are kind of my time to relax and not entertain...at least for now. I know that as he gets older and better able to communicate I'll have to come up with all sorts of car games to entertain him on long rides. For now I think he'll be happy observing his new view of the world.
He also wore some really cute overalls yesterday.

No comments: