Sunday, May 30, 2010

Adventures in Potty Training


Potty training has been going pretty well so far. He no longer cries when I try to sit him on his potty and he has actually gone to sit down on his own when he knew he needed to go. We’re trying out the method of letting him walk around without a diaper or pull-up. It certainly helps me to know when he’s going so we can get him on the potty. It’s caused a few messes but nothing I can’t handle.

One day, I was standing in the kitchen making his lunch and he had been standing behind me playing with his fridge magnets. All of a sudden I felt this warm stream of liquid hit the back of my ankle and I yelped and jumped. It was quite a shock! I was able to get him to his potty so he could finish. I’m sure we’ll have more experiences like that in the future!

His current reward for going in his potty is an M&M. After going he’ll ask for his “special treat”. He was really into it this past Friday morning – so much so that he ended up with 6 M&M’s before it was even 9:30! I’m thinking I may need to find another reward for the morning hours!

No comments: