Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Kalin and Mommy's First




Kalin and I both had a first yesterday. Going to an actual polling place. I've only been allowed to vote in one other national election and since I was in school at the time I believe I did it by absentee or mail-in, sadly I can't really remember. So this was my first time going to vote in person and I was so excited. Kasey came home before his normal lunch break so we could go together. There was no line (thank goodness) but I had brought some cheerios for Kalin in case he got hungry and antsy. We walked right in, signed our names, and cast our ballots. Kasey held Kalin the whole time which unfortunately made his arm hurt (Kalin is a heavy dude). On the way out we picked up a sticker for Kalin which he proudly wore all day!!



I think Kalin is sick. He was grumpy for much of the day and his nose is running non-stop. Poor little boy. He woke up way earlier than usual too but we decided that since he was sick it would be ok to bring him to bed with us instead of letting him put himself back to sleep. So I curled up with him under our nice warm flannel sheets where he went right back to sleep. I however did not. My arm was supporting his head (hoping the elevation would help him breathe better) which meant my hand fell asleep. I was also afraid to move and wake him up. But it was worth it to have him asleep in my arms. He was so cozy. When Kasey's alarm went off (which woke Kalin up) he took Kalin out of the room and let me sleep for another hour.


As I was laying next to Kalin in bed I was thinking that we'll probably have more nights like this in the next few years. If he's sick or scared he'll probably end up in bed with us and that's ok. It was so sweet to have him curled up next to me.

No comments: