Sunday, November 9, 2008

Progress!!

My little boy is walking!! On Wednesday afternoon he took 29 consecutive steps (and yes, I did count each and every one)!! Sadly, this did not even get him across the kitchen (and we do not have a large kitchen) but I guess that's what happens when you've got such little legs. He now spends more time walking (and falling) than he does crawling. He can even pivot and turn around then start walking another direction. He's so amazing!! That's the big news in his life!!



On Thursday he had his second of two flu shots for the season. I guess in their first year they give it to them in two doses. As the nurse was turning towards him with the needle in her hand he gave her the biggest grin, which made her stop and say "Oh now, that's not fair!! You can't be grinning at me right before I stick you!!". It was funny, but after 20 seconds of crying from the shot, he gave her several more grins which made her day.



On Friday, both Kasey and Kalin were sick with colds. Kasey came home early from work so we got to start our weekend off early (even if the two of them weren't feeling well).



Saturday morning, Kalin and I let Kasey sleep in. But we got bored by 8:45 and decided to take a trip to the grocery store!! I think this may be the first time I've taken Kalin out on an errand like that. We usually just all go together in the evenings. I had wanted to take a walk but it was chilly so we settled for grocery shopping and buying stamps at the Post Office. He loved showing off his grin and teeth to every female we passed in the store. And of course the checker and bagger just loved that he sat in the cart grinning at them non-stop. In the afternoon we all headed up to San Jose to do some shopping. It was a very productive trip and it was nice to get out of the house for several hours
Today, we decided to stay home from church to let everybody rest up and recover for the week ahead. We've relaxed, cleaned up the house a bit, gone for a walk, and made cookies!! I learned today that if I'm going to eat in front of Kalin, while he is also eating, I need to eat what he's having. For example, it upset him that I was eating Butter Toffee Caramel Popcorn Clusters and he was eating green beans and carrots. He's starting to understand the sign language I've been using. He's not using it yet but he gets REALLY excited when I do the sign for milk, eat, or more. When I do "more" he does clap his hands together, but I'm not sure if he's trying to do the sign or just clapping because he's excited. I guess only time will tell. There hasn't been as much yelling and screaming though and the only time he pounds on my chest is when he's excited about something. So that's progress.

No comments: