Friday, December 19, 2008

Brrr...it's cold

The weather turned cold this week and we had several rain showers. Now, anybody who knows me well enough knows how much I love the rain. But I found myself getting annoyed with it. Now that I'm so addicted to my daily walks I have a hard time when I'm not able to go outside. This is a problem that I have never had to deal with in my life. I've never been sad that it's raining or that I can't get outside to exercise. I guess I need to find something to do indoors (besides chasing Kalin around). So far, I have only been able to go on 2 walks this week...a big change from my usual 5. But enough about me for now.



Due to the change in temperature, I put Kalin in some thermals under his regular clothes to keep him extra warm. I love how his belly sticks out so far in them.



On Wednesday night, while Kasey was at youth group, Kalin and I had a great time reading and playing. He kept handing me the same book (Moo, Baa, La La La) over and over again to read. I think I read it about 15 times. Sometimes he would sit (or stand) and listen to me read, but sometimes he would wander around the house. At one point though he grabbed another book, sat down next to me, opened his book, and started babbling. It was SOOO cute. I wish there would have been somebody else around to catch it on film. It made me really excited too because it shows that he gets it!! Or at least he's starting to understand the purpose of books.
On Thursday I was inspired, by my friend Sarah's ocean pictures, to ask Kasey if he would like to take a long lunch and have a picnic down by the ocean. Keep in mind that it was sunny when I first had this great thought. It did get overcast by the time Kasey got home but we still headed out, picking up our not-so-nutritious-but-oh-so-yummy Taco Bell along the way. It was cold but not too cold so we ate outside on a blanket and watched Kalin chase the birds. It did start to rain but not until we were about done anyway. It was just so nice to see the ocean again. It's sad that we live 15 minutes from the beach but don't seem make it down there very often.






Kasey just reminded me tonight that we only have a few more days left with our lovely Christmas tree. We'll be away from home for 11 days starting Christmas Eve so we won't be able to keep it watered. That made me so sad. It seems like we just got it. I think I should get my Christmas tree before Thanksgiving so I have more time to enjoy it.


Tomorrow, Kalin and I will join my parents in driving to San Francisco to pick up my sister from the airport!! She's flying in from China for Christmas. We haven't seen her since February when she flew in to meet her new nephew and niece. I'm so excited!!

No comments: