Monday, December 15, 2008

Recent Activities and Reminiscence


Laundry - Kalin likes to help me with the laundry. He's a big help in the sense that he lets me get it done. Well, he lets me get the folding of laundry done. Getting it washed and dried is a bit harder when he won't go down for a nap because it involves me going outside and down to our storage/laundry room below our house. It's possible to do it while he's awake but I have to take him with me, carrying both him and the laundry basket - not easy. He likes it when I fold though because he gets to play with all of the clothes in the basket and dump the basket over (and chew on his socks).


Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies) - Kalin liked it when I started to shake the Chex mixture with the powered sugar so I let him help.



Kalin's Door - We finally decorated Kalin's door. Thanks for the poster Grandpa Ken and Grandma Jody!!


Christmas Shopping - We braved a trip to the Capitola Mall this past Saturday. It wasn't as crowded as I had expected. I guess we wore Kalin out though. Overall it was a VERY successful trip and I am quite pleased with our purchases.


Date Night - Well, it was kind of a date night. If you consider hanging out with fellow Bethany employees a date. At least we were without Kalin for a couple hours. It was the annual Christmas party for Faculty and Staff of Bethany University. This year it was held in the cafeteria so we didn't have far to go!! My parents came up to babysit, bathe Kalin, and put him to bed. We had a delightful time and the only time I thought about Kalin was when people said "Where's the baby tonight?" And I would reply, "At home with the grandparents. He was screaming as I walked out the door but I'm sure he's fine now!!" Once he no longer senses my presence in the room or house he tends to calm down and be just fine. I guess I actually thought of him twice. The second time was when we were singing Christmas carols. The interim president (who was leading the singing) said "And now for every child's favorite." Of course, nobody knew what that was supposed to be until he started singing "Away in a Manger". I started thinking about Kalin. Depending on his language development, next Christmas (or maybe the Christmas after) he could be singing these songs and doing some motions. And I stopped to think about how sweet it will be to hear his little voice singing Christmas carols. It almost made me cry!!



Sweet Tooth - Kalin is getting ready for his birthday parties that are coming up in just a couple weeks. Last week he was found eating chocolate. This morning, I found him eating brown sugar. He had grabbed the canister while my back was turned and when I noticed he was being quiet (usually a sign that something isn't right) I turned around to find him licking sugar off his fingers and clumps of brown sugar on the floor. I decided to get a picture of this since I missed out with both the chocolate and the Chex from last week.


Speaking of Kalin's birthday. I've been getting a bit nostalgic recently as I'm sure many parents do as their children reach another birthday. I got to thinking...it's really not fair how fast time goes. I mean, I waited for 9 months for the opportunity to hold my 7lb. baby and then all of a sudden he's 10lbs., then 15, and now he's over 20lbs. and his first birthday is only weeks away. It went too fast. So, in these next couple weeks, I'll take a look back at some of my favorite moments of Kalin's first year. This set of pictures are from Kalin's first month.



Fresh from the oven!!

Ready to go home.
Practicing his new trick.

Cute new outfit from Aunt Nise.


Hanging out in his new bouncer.


Gotta get those gas bubbles out!

The happiest baby on the block? Well, we tried!!


Sweet little sleeper.

He wasn't really a fan of his first bath. And he really wasn't a fan of getting out of the bath!!


I love that little face and those big blue eyes.


Four generations

His little acne covered face.

There's that sweet little face again.

No comments: